Essex Street Market maintenance crew member Dwayne loves to share this turkey based casserole with friends and family.
Serves 8 | Cook Time 30 minutes
1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
6 Garlic Cloves, Minced
½ Cup Lowfat Milk
22 Ounces of Lean Ground Turkey
3 - 4 Turkey Sausages (if you are feeling fancy)
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 ⅔ Cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
10 Ounces of Mozzarella Cheese
15 Ounces of Fresh Ricotta
1 Teaspoon dried oregano
1 Teaspoon dried parsley
1 Tablespoon of Ground Black Pepper
3 ½ Cups Marinara Sauce
13 Ounces of Oven Ready/No-Boil Lasagna Noodles
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions, saute until onions are opaque. Add garlic and ½ of each portion of herbs and spices. Saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add ground turkey to the pan and cook until meat has begun to brown.
4. Add ½ cup of milk, and simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until meat is entirely cooked. Mix in 2 ½ cups of marinara sauce, reserving 1 cup. Turn off heat.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup of shredded parmesan (reserving ⅔ cup), remainder of all herbs and spices (including salt and pepper). Mix with hands or spoon.
6. Mix the ricotta mixture with the sauce/turkey mixture.
7. Layer up a casserole dish with noodles first, then meat/sauce/cheese, then sliced mozzarella cheese, and finally the remainder of your sauce.
8. Bake at 350℉ for about 20 minutes or until it looks delicious.
Share pictures of this photo ready Lasagna on social media with family and friends if they are not around to enjoy it with you