Benny is an employee of Saxelby Cheesemongers at Essex Street Market and until recently didn’t know there was such a thing as canned cranberry sauce. Her first year away from home, she begged her father for this delicious cranberry sauce recipe that he makes every year for Thanksgiving.
Serves 8 | Cook Time 10 minutes
12 Ounces of Cranberries
1½ Cups of Sugar
1. Rinse and pick over all of the cranberries.
2. Put cranberries into a sauce pan. Add the sugar and ⅓ cup of water to the pan.
3. Grate in at least 2 tablespoons of orange rind and squeeze in the juice of orange.
4. Cook on medium until all of the Cranberries have burst.
5. Scoop the foam off the top, let cool, and store in the fridge until you are ready to devour it.
“Gelatinous bologna” (canned sauce) stands no chance against this Thanksgiving classic.