John of Nordic Preserves, Fish, & Wildlife Company in Essex Street Market found himself in a bit of a pickle when a mounted caribou head fell onto a customer during a smorgasbord event. The incident sparked controversy: Was it a moose or a caribou that was loose?
Serves 4 | Cook Time 20 minutes
28 Ounces of Moose meat
3 tablespoons of Fresh thyme
7 Ounces of Fresh mushrooms
4 Tablespooons Olive oil
1 2/3 Cups of Red wine
3 3/8 Cups of Stock
1 Tablespoons of Parsley
1 Tablespoons of Chives
3 ½ Tablespoons of Butter
1. Separate the meat in 7 oz steaks. Chop up the thyme, and sprinkle over the steaks with salt and pepper.
2. Pan fry each steak in butter on both sides for about 2-3 minutes or until the center is pink.
3. Chop the onions and mushrooms and saute them in olive oil.
4. Pour the red wine over the vegetables, and let reduce until about ¼ is left. Add the stock and reduce until about half of the mixture remains.
5. Whip in butter, and add salt and pepper to taste. Chop the parsley and chives, add them just before serving