Fran’s mother Rose never allowed her to help out in the kitchen so she taught herself this recipe and many others through trial and error.
Serves 8 | Cook Time 30 minutes
Salt to Taste
1 Package of Wide Egg Noodles
½ Cup of Sour Cream
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
2 Cups of Small Curd Cottage Cheese
½ Teaspoon of Cinnamon
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
½ Cup of Sugar
1. Set oven at 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. The noodles should not be cooked through.
3. Drain the noodles and return to the pot. Stir in the butter, cottage cheese, sour cream, cinnamon, and a generous pinch of salt.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Pour over the noodle mixture and mix until well combined. Transfer to the baking dish.
6. Bake for 50 minutes or until the pudding has set. Remove the pudding from the oven. Turn on the broiler.
7. Slide the dish under the broiler and let it cook, watching it carefully, for 1 minute, or until the top browns. Remove from the oven and let the pudding settle for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
Not a diet lunch