Rona, owner of Boubouki in Essex Street Market, puts out fresh Greek food every day but sometime all she wants is Kiki’s stuffing. Kiki was a close friend of Rona’s mother and fellow Greek/American, as well as a stuffing mastermind.
Serves 10 | Cook Time 35 minutes
14 Boiled Chestnuts, Peeled and Chopped
1 Loaf Dry Bread, Cubed (about 8 cups)
1 Large Egg, Beaten
½ Cup (1 stick) Butter
1 Large Sweet Onion, Chopped
1 Cup Celery, Chopped
1 Cup Turkey Broth
1 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
½ Cup of Pomegranate Seed
1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 Cup Black Olives, Chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
3. Add chopped onion and celery, and saute over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
4. Add cubed bread, beaten egg, parsley, thyme, sage, oregano and turkey broth. Mix over
medium heat until all turkey broth is absorbed by the bread.
6. Remove from heat and mix in feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, and olives.
7. Pour stuffing into a medium baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Serve with Thanksgiving staples and embrace the holiday to the fullest.