Finicky pears must be eaten immediately when ripe. At Essex Street Market, Madeleine had 3 pears ready to go, so she made this clean and crisp salad.
Serves 4 | Cook Time 3 hours
2, 10-12 Pound Turkeys
Stuffing or Aromatics of your Choice
¾ Cups of Mustard Vinaigrette
2 Fennel Bulbs
4 Ounces of Crumbled Blue cheese
½ Cup of Pomegranate Seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 325 ℉. Remove the turkey neck and giblets.
2. Pat the turkeys dry and put breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan; season inside and out with salt and pepper. Fill the turkey cavities with aromatics or stuffing, then let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
3. Brush the turkeys with melted butter, tent with foil and roast 2 hours. Increase the oven temperature to 425℉; uncover the turkey, brush with more butter and roast 1 more hour, or until the thigh meat reaches 165 ℉.
4. As the Turkeys cook, Chiffonade the fennel and slice the pears.
5. Toss all Salad ingredients together.
Serve with plenty of sides such as brussel sprouts and mushrooms to ensure everyone will leave with lots of leftovers.