This recipe was collected at the Laguardia Senior Center and was included as number 8 in our public video installation, Fables.
Serves 12 | Cook Time 45 minutes
½ Pounds of Pork
3 Pieces of Fish Fillet
1 Bunch of Chinese Parsley
3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
2 - 3 Tablespoons of Cooking Wine
1. Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut diagonally into ½ inch slices.
2. Mince fish, shrimp and pork, using the flat side of the knife to create a paste.
3. Put the minced fish, shrimp and pork paste in the middle of eggplant, then cover.
4. Heat 20 ounces of vegetable oil in a pan. Heat eggplant pieces approximately 5 minutes on each side, until browned.
5. Place on paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
6. To make the sauce, mix 2 cups of water with 4 - 5 tbsp of cornstarch and 2 tbsp of oyster sauce in a sauce pan.
7. Boil mixture and then put all the fried eggplant into the sauce. Cook about 1 - 2 minutes